In an increasingly global and interconnected world, international transactions between related party entities are becoming more myriad and complex and subject to increasing scrutiny by global tax authorities.
Growing concerns over transfer pricing practices have led to increasing regulation and heightened documentation requirements by tax authorities aimed at preventing the erosion of their tax bases by profit shifting and other artificial means. This, in turn, has significantly increased the burden of compliance on multi-national enterprises, as they have to navigate through a maze of regulations and documentation requirements in different jurisdictions in order to justify their related party transactions.
As global tax and transfer pricing legislation continue to evolve, there is a pressing need for businesses to undertake regular reviews of their cross-border activities.
In this regard, we stand ready to assist our clients in the following areas:
- Outbound and inbound tax advisory support including tax efficient structuring, permanent establishment issues, withholding tax, repatriation of earnings and exiting of investments
- Pre-acquisition planning, structuring advice and due diligence followed by post-transaction integration for cross-border M&A transactions
- Country-specific planning including suitability of jurisdictions with reference to tax aspects
- Transfer pricing advisory support where required including assisting with establishing and implementing transfer pricing policies that are acceptable from the standpoint of the relevant jurisdiction(s)
- Benchmarking studies to support arm’s length pricing of related party transactions where required
We have access to an international network of tax experts through our membership of Nexia International, providing global reach and local knowledge wherever you choose to do business.
For assistance with any International Taxation matters, please contact a member of our team below.